Miracles Therapeutic Riding Center COVID-19 Response Plan
2020 has not been an easy year for any of us. Here at Miracles, we have had to make some changes to ensure the safety of our riders, instructors, and volunteers. In order to resume classes after lockdown, we researched safety protocols from the CDC, state, and city. We developed extensive cleaning procedures at the barn.
Our #1 objective is to keep everyone as safe as possible while still getting the benefits from the program.
We require everyone to:
- wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times
- socially distance at least 6 feet
- wait in the car until the lesson is ready to start
- wash hands before entering the barn at our outdoor handwashing station
- wash hands before leaving the barn
In addition, we have instituted some new rules for around the barn. Until further notice:
- only volunteers are allowed in the tack room or to tack the horses before the lesson
- all tack will be cleaned and disinfected after each use and before the next student
- no visitors are allowed in the barn
When we re-opened, we were able to bring back approximately 60% of our students. We have been unable to restart those students that require physical support during their lessons, those who cannot wear a mask, and those who cannot socially distance.
We are working hard at Miracles to keep everyone safe so we can continue to offer our program to those who need it, but it hasn't been easy. The reduced capacity of our students means we have struggled to maintain our operating costs. We are forever thankful to those in the Miracles community who donated money, lesson fees, and supplies over the past year—we are so fortunate to have you.
If you are interested in helping Miracles continue to provide care and service for our horses and for our community, we would love for you to visit our Donate Now page to see how you can help. Together, we will get through this pandemic, and we can't wait to see you all when it's done!